I know I write this too in vain

my soul is troubled, my heart in pain,
I know I write this too in vain,

often I have met with dis-illusioment and in tears,
how often have I placed happiness in fading gains,

I have never learnt, I’ll never learn
to hold things by the value of their worth.

sublimal bliss I have never craved
but God can I have some joy without pain?

my heart.. a fool’s heart, my eyes of a blind,
I prayed for the joy that was never mine.

let my love remain unquenched,
let it flow like a river unbound.

over your soul, over your heart,
over your joys, over your cheers.

I loved you with my body and my soul,
I loved you purely and freehold.

I loved you with passion and my grief,
I loved you with love that was meant to lose.

happiness ebbed and flowed in my veins,
you became the soverign of my being.

had me attending to your every whim,
my love was my day and my night.

my love was my treasure and my might,
dull the senses numb the pain.

as with the price your departure came
your happiness for my tears.

your warmth for my frigidity
your blossoming for my withering
your brightness as I fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time's Favourite Posts