let's maintain a certain distance

even roads have clearances
a system of space
where movement becomes easier.

even buildings that grow
from patches of your earth
have easements,
the servient estate giving
in to the dominant one.

even the flow of the waters
from the higher estate to the lower ones,
for the proper sharing of the resources
dams and locks are made.

it is the same with us
between you and me
someone has to be servient,
to one who occupies this dominance
maybe for a while.


when we have not mastered
yet this art of balancing
and walking on some tight ropes.

give me a little space
for my thoughts to grow,
give me a little distance
so I can see
the better perspective of you
from faraway.

enough of the particulars
I am deceived,
let me try seeing you
as a whole and let me find
who we are from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time's Favourite Posts