in my dreams

I met a girl who had the biggest smile on her
face and I never understood why. 

Her life seemed so perfect to the outside world. 

One day I ask her.. 
"Why do you always have a smile on your face? 
You just seem so happy and you have such a perfect life."

She laughed and then simply responded.

"Is that what everyone sees? 
Well this smile is not real. 
I paint this on every morning and wash it off when I am alone.
I have little to be happy about. 
I mean things in my life are greater then what it use to be,
but I still feel void inside." 

"Wow. I never knew..." was all I could say. 

She said, ‘Off-course you didn’t.
People just think that my life is so perfect and everything
that it’s not… and it’s not'.

‘Most days I struggle just to get out of bed.
Most days I ask God why am I here’.

I woke up and realised that she was my soul,
being asked these questions in my dream.
I was the person that feels this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time's Favourite Posts