why can't this dream come true?

along time ago when I was young,
you were my friend, my laugh, my fun.


you made me happy, I looked up to you,
you granted my wish and made my dreams come true.

my best memories were of you and me,
smiling faces, best friends to be.

but lately it seems that times have changed,
yesterdays gone and we just arn't the same.

I have new friends, a new laugh, a new smile,
I made a mistake and forgetting can take a while.

but I think 12 years is long enough I payed the price,
now can I have sweet dreams tonight?

you don't like my friends, you don't want to know,
the smiles they give me, they really show.

well around you, I feel so bad,
hanging with you, makes me sad.

I can't do anything that is right,
hurting you, ruining my life.

every promise I broke, every time I lied,
every smile that vanished, everytime I cried.

why can't I be who I am,
why can't you understand,
that there my friends as well as you.
why can't this dream come true?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time's Favourite Posts