so little in common between you and me

since you only judge me for my lack of success, 
no mister you I am not out to impress, 

we look at life one might say quite differently, 
and on what constitutes success you and I don’t agree, 

the people with heaps of money to you matter most, 
to these sort of people you do drink your toast, 

for human compassion you never allow, 
to publicly proclaimed high achievers you have chosen to bow, 

on life you have your own ideas and that suits me fine, 
and your sense of values are different to mine, 

and you air your opinions and that’s a good thing, 
but this not of your heroes that I wish to sing, 

we look at life one could say quite differently, 
and so little in common between you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time's Favourite Posts