the goodbye kiss

I happened upon your memory today,
I try to forget, but in my mind you stay.
heartbreaking it was that we said goodbye,
it was for the best, I can’t lie.

I know that you loved me, I even felt it too,
but I still couldn’t bring myself to loving you.
this chapter of my life just isn’t over yet,
still, you are a part of me that I can’t forget.

you are still my solace on those lonely nights.
you still keep me warm, and hold me tight.
I hear your laughter, I can see your smile.
you are the only one that soothes me,
no matter the miles.

so, if it’s true things happen in mysterious ways,
then perhaps I will find you again someday.
I wanna hold you, and look into your eyes,
as we share our first kiss, and our last kiss goodbye.

for now, I hope your promise is lying next to you,
loving you completely, the way I couldn’t do.
and I hope your heart’s as filled as it could ever be,
but please, could you save a little spot for me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time's Favourite Posts