in the deep end of my heart, I think of only you

I gave my heart to you,
I set my standards high,
I laid my eyes on you,
I laughed and cried with you.

I told you my hopes and dreams.
my love and fears.
my tears I shed all over your shoulder 
in the end.

I came to see that you were
the only girl I could ever trust,
when I see you..
my face lights up with aspiration and happiness.

when we talk I can feel the load unload
with soothing words from you.
I have the feeling of love in my heart,
in my mind I say you don’t mean a thing.

in my words I say you are just a friend
but in the deep end of my heart,
I think of only you,
when I tell you my expectations of a girl.

you tell me never to fall short of what I want
but only one thing stands in the way...

you are a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time's Favourite Posts