you have never been mine

after you, after what use to be,
I have been lost, all alone at sea.

the things we did, the things we said,
twirl around endlessly in my head.


I think of tender hugs and that stolen kiss,
the times apart, the talks I will always miss.

my broken heart beats a somber wistful tune,
my broken heart weeps at the very sight of june.


what you did back, then I could never understand,
what you have done, now I am starting to comprehend.
I can only blame chance, I can only blame time,
I cannot blame you, for you have never been mine.


the days go by, and the days go fast,
yet I still sit here wishing on the past.
some days I smile, some days I am moving on,
but those some days are just a pair out of a ton.


eventually I will mend, eventually I will heal,
eventually I will forget the instances to feel.


when that time comes, when I am finally free,
when I let go of all the torment within me,
do not ponder what was, or do a double take,
do not return to me, realising to part was a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time's Favourite Posts