someday I'll be somebody

I try so hard to make you happy,
but nothing seems to work.

I do my best to find ways to love you,
but nothing seems to have worked.

I give you my time in hopes that you will return the favor,
but all I get is criticism and disappointment.

I am trying to be positive, but you keep being negative.

I don’t know how much more of this I can take
before I break or run away.

I know your life isn’t perfect and neither is mine,
so why do you put others down all the time?

is it a game to you that you are trying to win?
don’t you know you ar
e going to lose it all in the end?

I can feel myself drowning in a pool of self doubt,
wondering how it’s all going to end,

God knows I don’t have a lot of money to spend,
but when I find an open door and ‘earn’ my wings,

I am going to soar!

and once I am gone, I am not coming back, 
I just want you to know that.

there’s a time for everything and when it’s my time, 
I am going to go.

I am going to take the dice and let it roll,
and leave the rest in God’s control.

someday I'll be somebody and I'll make a difference,
just you wait and see..

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time's Favourite Posts