I don’t want to remember

I don’t want to remember,
I can’t take the pain,
I can handle knowing your not with me,
I have learned to like the rain.

but the memories of life we shared,
that come crashing through my mind,
and without you here to be with me,
these memories are unkind.

I don’t want to remember,
just how you stole my heart.
or the promise that we both had shared
of “never do us part.”

I can’t bare the loss of your sweet touch,
across my burning skin,
or how we had planned once upon a time,
the child that could have been.

why did you have to go from here,
and leave me all alone?
I’m cursed or damned beyond belief,
and my life has turned to stone.

I wept at your side when you left,
I wept as dirty was thrown,
I still weep in the night,
wishing you could come back home.

don’t want to remember,
I can’t take this pain,
I don’t want to remember,
just leave me with the rain.
that I am still missing you.
I don’t want to remember.
but i do…

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time's Favourite Posts