may I write my name, upon your heart

may I write my name, upon your heart? 
will you give to me, just one small part,
of you that I might call my own, 
will you remember me like a song?

a song you have sung, since your first love, 
the words that flow, within your blood, 
and speak of love lost, by the young, 
will you think of me, in colors of love?

the color red of the rose, you gave her, 
the girl you knew, you did love forever, 
who comes to you, when drink is heavy, 
will you want me, when you are lonely?

on empty nights, when dreams are real, 
when they are the only thing you feel, 
they haunt you, when the morning comes, 
can I be the one you dream of?

if I write my name, upon your heart, 
will you take from me too much, to part with?
will you write your name on my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time's Favourite Posts